C&G NPTC assessment unit 003921 (formerly CS31)
The course is aimed at people wanting to learn how to fell coniferous or broadleaved trees up to 380 mm in diameter and process them safely and efficiently. The course is suitable for people pursuing a career in forestry or arboriculture or for anyone needing to carry out felling on their land. This three-day, field-based course will provide the candidate with all the skills and knowledge required to undertake the C&G NPTC Level 2 Unit 003921 felling small trees up to 380 mm assessment.
Upon completing the course, the candidate will
- have gained an understanding of relevant industry health and safety legislation and risk assessment
- understand the PPE required for tree felling
- be able to assess individual trees for hazards prior to felling
- be competent in carrying out standard felling cuts on trees up to 380 mm and more specialist cuts for trees that are leaning backward slightly or leaning forward
- understand the dangers involved in dealing with hung-up trees and have the skills and knowledge to deal with them safely
- be able to remove branches from the felled trees safely and efficiently and cross-cut them into specified lengths
- have learned the correct lifting techniques for moving and stacking timber on-site.
An appropriate chainsaw for ground use (battery or petrol, guide bar length of maximum 15”), fuel/oil, maintenance tools, felling lever and timber tongs.
Chainsaw trousers Class 1 type A or C, boots, helmet with ear and eye protection, gloves and personal first-aid kit. All equipment is available to hire at an additional cost, including PPE. Please enquire for details.
Level 2 cross-cutting and chainsaw maintenance (NPTC 003921 or formerly CS30).
Three days training with an assessment on a separate day.
Training cost: £415 per person plus VAT. Assessment cost: £160 per person.
If required, we offer a combined cross-cutting, chainsaw maintenance and small-tree-felling course. Refresher courses are also available either with or without assessment. Please enquire for details.